Saturday 6 June 2015

Science Week

On Monday, we will be starting Science Week!



I know you have all been working really hard on your Science projects and I'm really looking forward to seeing them! You need to bring your project into school on Thursday. On Friday we will be having a special visitor in school that will be judging the projects and awarding prizes to the best ones. Remember, you must also have a poster or presentation about your project.

On Friday we will be dressing up as people that have a job in Science. There are many different careers that involve Science. Here are just a few examples;

  • doctors
  • dentists
  • gardeners
  • engineers
  • astronauts
  • architects 
  • zookeepers 
  • archaeologists
  • train drivers







Finally, we will be using lots of cereal boxes and shoe boxes in one of our experiments next week so please bring some in on Monday if you have any at home.

1 comment:

  1. My science project is a volcano and I tested it today and it worked. My Mum helped me at the start. We made volcano model with card board and plastic bottle. We used tissue paper with glue to make surface. When that was done we let it dry and it took 1 or 2 hours! Then I painted it brown and let the paint dry again and it took 4 hours!!! I mixed vinegar with red food colour and hand wash separately. Then I put bicarbonate soda in the volcano and poured the vinegar mixture in it. After a while the volcano erupted and it continued for almost 15 minutes.

    p.s. I can't believe it worked!!!!

    ReplyDelete