Saturday 25 October 2014

Ancient Egypt

Over the last few weeks we have been learning about Ancient Egypt. I would like you to think about all the different things you have learnt and tell me your favourite thing about Ancient Egypt and why you found it so interesting.

Here are some pictures to inspire you:






My favourite thing about Ancient Egypt is mummification. I think it's really interesting that they believed so strongly in an afterlife that they put so much preparation into mummifying and burying their dead. Did you know that they placed lots of treasures into the tombs of their dead pharaohs so that they would have all their worldly possessions in the afterlife? These are just some of the amazing things that Howard Carter and his team of Egyptologists found inside Tutankhamun's tomb:






10 comments:

  1. I love leaning about ancient Egypt because it is really cool and fun. I thought the lesson about how to make a mummy was gross all the way through the play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like learing about ancinet egypt because its very intesting and excited.And i like learing how to write in Egypt also i loved to do the masks we made in class because it was very fun and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like to learn about ancient Egypt because we get to learn about their history and how they build pyramids.i like that they can read left,right and upside down.i mostly like to learn about mummy's.i think it is disgusting that they made bread with their feet.i found it very interesting how they put treasure with the mummy for the after life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I find interesting is Mummification, because of all the different instructions they had to do to preserve the body, and make sure everything was done correctly.
    I also find fascinating how they made the pyramids , it took them so long to build them as they did not have machines in those times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked leaning about Ancient Egypt because it was fun and interesting. I think it is one of the best topics to learn. My favourite thing about Ancient Egypt is learning about Egyptian writing. This was done using pictures. It is called hieroglyphics. I really enjoyed writing my name in hieroglyphics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved learning about Ancient Egypt, in particular about mummification. It was very interesting how they made the mummy's and a bit creepy too. I think that the Sphinx are cool and they look humongous.
    Giacomo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked learning about Ancient Egypt because it is really cool and fun. It is one of the
    best topics i have learnt so far in year 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to learn about Ancient Egypt to find out more information

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ancient Egypt I want to learn much more miss tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want learn about Anchant Egypt because, it inspires me.

    ReplyDelete